The University of Washington in Seattle, WA (USA) is currently accepting applications for a part-time Peace Corps Strategic Campus Recruiter position. This position is only open to RPCVs. Apply before July 8th via Handshake – click here.
Overview: The Peace Corps Strategic Campus (Strat) Recruiter will increase awareness of Peace Corps Volunteer opportunities on campus through a variety of recruitment activities, including, but not limited to delivering class or club presentations, tabling in public, high-traffic areas on campus and/or at career fairs, organizing and facilitating application workshops and retention events, and developing relationships with key stakeholders on campus.
Details: The role is part-time, up to 19.5 hours per week. Strats are expected to start in August or September and work through the end of the academic year (early June). Depending on campus activities and recruitment events, evening and weekend hours may be required. Strats are expected to work primarily in-person, but teleworking is allowed. The position is housed in and supported by the UW’s Career & Internship Center, about which you can learn more at https://careers.uw.edu/. Applications will be accepted until July 7, 2022.
- Distribute agency-approved brochures, posters, visual aids, and other Peace Corps recruitment materials to individuals, groups, associations, faculty, and targeted populations
- Complete class talks or presentations, some will target diverse populations on campus
- Complete application workshop(s), which coincide with Peace Corps’ application deadlines
- Staff recruitment table(s) (e.g. university career fairs, other events with similar goals and/or tabling public, high-traffic areas on campus)
- Organize and facilitate retention events (e.g. send-off/welcome back volunteer parties, friends and family events, Peace Corps Week celebrations, and/or RPCV panels).
- Hold relationship-building meetings (weighted toward early in the fall semester) with different key on-campus and community stakeholders that align with Peace Corps’ six sectors with the intention of gaining access to students
- Hold relationship-building meetings with different key on-campus diversity departments and leaders (multicultural/diversity offices, student transfer offices, student life offices, scholarship program offices, club leaders, Greek leaders, etc.) with the intention of gaining access to students
- Maintain communication with, and provide engagement opportunities for, the list of UW staff and faculty RPCVs created in 2022
- Post and hold at least regular office hours per week to meet with potential and current applicants
- Digitally collect leads at events, or as directed by the designated VRS representative
- Input partnership information, meetings, and other pertinent details into specific Peace Corps systems, or as directed by the designated VRS representative
- Meet application and lead goals set by the Peace Corps
- Write and submit an annual strategic plan, monthly, mid-year and final year reports
- Complete mandatory virtual Strat trainings
- Respond to Peace Corps and campus staff in a timely manner, as well as attend regularly scheduled meetings initiated by the Peace Corps
- Update and maintain the UW Peace Corps OneShare Drive with updated resources for leads
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteer
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills as this position requires a great deal of public speaking and partnership-building
- Strong organizational and event planning skills
- Ability to work independently and see tasks through to completion with little supervision
- Confidence in networking and outreach
- Develop strong organizational skills
- Utilize and practice public presentation and promotion skills
- Experience working with a governmental agency, campus offices and organizations
- Networking opportunities with Peace Corps as with other governmental, community and professional organizations
Application Information: Submit your resume and cover letter through Handshake by 11:59pm on Thursday July 7, 2022.
Starting July 8, submissions will be reviewed by the UW Career & Internship Center and our Regional Peace Corps Supervisor.
Final selection is contingent on approval from the Peace Corps.