Elected Board Positions
We have 10 elected board positions which form the core of our leadership group. These positions are all one-year terms that come with board-associated voting rights. Terms run from January 1st through December 31st.
Elections for these positions are held every September. If you would like to run or nominate someone for an elected position, please email email@example.com with the nominee’s name, position of interest, and a brief biography of the nominee (examples of biographies can be found here) by no later than August 24th. Election results will be announced the beginning of October.
Here are brief descriptions of each elected position:
- President: serves as the executive officer and is responsible for overseeing the general operation of the Board and organization and ensures that all activities are in compliance with the organization’s governing documents and state and federal laws.
- Vice President: shares responsibility and duties with the President for administration of the organization, including serving as its executive officer in substitution for the President. The Vice President replaces the President if s/he leaves office before the expiration of her/his term.
- Secretary: is responsible for writing and/or keeping all written records as required by law and/or for the operations of the organization, including, but not limited to: meeting agendas and minutes; official documents and correspondence of, or related to, the organization. The Secretary maintains records of SEAPAX activities for each year, and writes an annual organizational report.
- Treasurer: is responsible for the financial affairs and accounting of the organization, including but not limited to: collecting and depositing contributions and funds raised through SEAPAX activities; disbursement of funds; serving as a signatory for the organization; and maintaining accurate and up-to-date financial records. The Treasurer will submit at least quarterly financial reports to the Board and prepare an annual financial report to be shared with the membership. The Treasurer will serve as or work with the Registered Agent to prepare and submit annual reports required by state and federal government agencies.
- Directors-At-Large (up to 6): chair and serve on committees to assist in the general functioning of the organization.
Non-Elected Board Positions
We have a number of different non-elected board positions. These positions do not come with board-associated voting rights, but are critical for carrying out many of our organizational functions.
Examples of non-elected positions include the following types of service:
- Chair or Co-Chair of a specific program (i.e. Membership, Communications, Book Club, Service, Speakers’ Bureau, Advocacy, Grants, and Events)
- Newsletter Editor
- Committee (i.e. grants and communication)
We advertise for these positions whenever they become open and generally ask individuals to commit at least one year to serving in any of these roles.
General Expectations of Board Members
We ask members to commit at least one year to serving on our board and to attend at least 4 of our 6 yearly board meetings. Our November meeting is our Annual Retreat for which we strongly encourage all board members to attend.
If you have any questions about any of these positions or about serving on our board, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org